SoW: Smoking Oak
The people of Brindol want their friends and neighbors back; that’s their primary concern. But they also want some of the treasures back from their “Hall of Great Valor.” Most of the “treasures” have little or no intrinsic value. They’re museum pieces from the “Red Hand” invasion many years ago. But the sentimental value to the town is immense. PCs can earn an additional 100 XP (plus the 200 gp reward) when the following items are brought back to Brindol.
• Ornate, gilded dragoncrest helm (room 21 – Sinruth’s Abode).
• Ceremonial platinum longsword; too heavy and blunt to be useful as a weapon (room 23 – Shrine of the Obelisk).
• Set of three shields with the Red Hand insignia, each with a charred hole near the center (room 23 – Shrine of the Obelisk).
• Set of iron gauntlets with extensive filigree (room 21 – Sinruth’s Abode).
• Heraldic battle standard depicting two handsclasped in a handshake (room 23 – Shrine of the Obelisk).